COVID-19: Supporting Small Business
While we are all struggling through this difficult time, you can still do your part to help support the restaurants, coffeehouses and other local businesses that may have been impacted by COVID-19.
To help you support the small businesses you love, we have collected a list of current offerings and specials at locations across Grand Rapids. If you appreciate these businesses as much as we do, please consider taking advantage of their offerings.
- List created 3/17/20 at 11:30 a.m and updated 3/23/20 at 10:00 a.m.
- Local First has assembled an evolving list to help you support additional businesses.
- If you operate a restaurant in Grand Rapids, make sure to fill out this survey. Experience Grand Rapids will use the results to help promote your efforts. Experience GR’s current list of restaurants and their offerings can be accessed here.
- The @gr_support_local Instagram page serves one purpose – to highlight the offerings of local businesses during this time.
- Open and accepting appointments – limited number of guests allowed during appointment (2-3 people).
- Providing free online classes at 9 a.m. each day this week via Facebook live.
- Providing carry-out only options. Orders can be placed on Ando’s website or by calling 616-608-0789.
- House red and white wines are $10/bottle. Select bottles of wine, sake and beer 50% off.
- Online ordering for delivery and pickup is available. If ordering online to pick up in store, please specify “Pick Up Order” in the comments section.
- Orders can also be placed by calling (616) 719-3680.
- Providing limited counter service as well as drive-thru and catering services.
- Pick-up, carry-out and delivery options are available.
- To place an order, download the Freshii app, visit the Freshii website or call the 146 Monroe Center location. Delivery is available via Uber Eats, DoorDash and Grubhub.
- Open and currently offering 20% off purchases, including gift cards. Use code “HOME” when shopping online or direct message Gina’s to get the discount.
- Providing takeout and third-party delivery through Uber Eats, DoorDash and Grubhub.
- Opened first-ever online shop that offers gift cards, mugs and a “Gift to Staff” option.
- Offering carry-out and delivery options through Uber Eats and Grubhub.
- Customers can also take advantage of curbside pickup. Call (616) 805-9155 to place your order, park outside and the Grain team will deliver it to your car.
- Encouraging all customers to call in orders, including meals, groceries and other essentials at 616-454-5300 for curbside pickup.
- Offering limited deliveries on a case-by-case basis.
- Offering 10% off and free shipping from the online store. Use code “STAYHEALTHY” at checkout.
- Spa side of business (massages, facials, brows, etc.) is currently closed. The medical practice remains open, but has enacted additional measures to keep you safe, including enhanced cleaning, telemedicine appointments and more.
- Offering carry-out service.
- The retail shop remains open, but for limited hours (11:30 a.m.-7 p.m.). Additionally, when you place a carry-out order, you will receive 10% off your retail purchase.
- Offering carry-out, curbside and limited delivery options. Orders can be placed on Luna’s website or through their Facebook page.
- Offering Happy Hour 1-3 p.m. and 8-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- Purchase a 14-inch pepperoni pizza for $5.99.
- Grand Rapids store is closed, but online ordering is open.
- Special “Social Distancer” shirt now available.
- Offering 20% off all online orders with “COMFY” code.
- Providing free online classes via Facebook.
- Will continue to operate the business with a heightened focus on cleanliness, especially related to the daycare and boarding facility.
- Can be reached at (616) 425-9122.
- Providing carry-out and delivery options through at least March 30, including packaged beer and growler fills. Orders can be placed on The Knickerbocker’s website or by calling (616) 345-5642.
- The Knickerbocker’s Rock Perks discount will apply to carry-out and delivery orders ($10 off $50 and $20 off $100). To access the deal, mention Rock Perks when calling in to place your order.
- Expanded its delivery zone to include a much wider swath of Greater Grand Rapids. All deliveries are carried out by members of the NHM team, allowing for monitoring of safety procedures throughout the entire process.
- The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers a wide variety of low-priced items, all made in-house.
- While One Bourbon is closed through at least April 13, if you love the restaurant and would like to support its team, you may do so here.
- Providing carry-out only service, including both coffee and food (bagels, sandwiches) options.
- When you purchase a Roots gift card, you’ll receive 35% off bags of coffee.
- Open and offering 20%-50% off all boutique items.
- While the gym is currently closed, free online workouts are available via Facebook and Instagram.
- Remains in operation with specific attention being paid to help support the health and safety of all clients.