Historic restoration of 100-year old brownstones created new space for Hillsdale College in Washington DC.
Hillsdale College’s Allan P. Kirby, Jr. Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship first began in 2008 in Washington, DC, in a temporary location. Rockford later helped the Center open its permanent doors in a renovated brownstone dating to 1892. Located on Capitol Hill, the 16,000 sq. ft. historic building is an extension of Hillsdale College and used to teach the principles and practice of the American Constitution. The repurposed building was gutted and refurbished to meet the needs of students, scholars, and citizens. The original facade of the building remains in its historical condition to match the neighboring brownstones.